The Import Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for ordering, shipping and receiving of all international products, as well as tracking inventory. This position primarily focuses on helping to manage a dynamic global supply chain, by facilitating effective communication between primary vendors, third-party logistics providers, and internal team members.
A strong predictor for success for an Import Purchasing Coordinator is the ability to continually learn and grow in product line knowledge quickly and be able to analyze inventory requirements, keeping in mind lead times and dates of product arrival.
A critical skill is the analysis of product requirement timelines influencing your buying decisions; understanding the delivery priorities in order to meet customer needs and communicating to freight forwarders and internal customers.
This position will report directly to the International Purchasing Manager.
- Understanding our product lines and identifying what is domestic versus international procurement.
- Reviewing customer orders to determine need for product purchasing placement.
- Manage day-to-day processing (order entry and related updating) of purchase orders for all imported products to meet production and customer requirements.
- Review and manage inventory levels of all imported product lines to allow stock shipment process flow.
- Communicate supply requirements and related requests, problems, and/or questions to internal staff and supplier contacts.
- Maintain familiarity with imported product details and related partner companies.
- Support a strong, respectful working relationship with supplier contacts.
- Understand foreign currency rates, transfer pricing, and importation documentation.
- Communicating between third-party carriers and Hightower Receiving Department to coordinate container pick up, scheduling, and delivery.
- Resolve freight rate discrepancies and issues with problematic carriers. Source other transportation methods, rates, or carriers as needed.
- Work with Accounts Payable to resolve supplier invoice issues researching receiving discrepancies etc.
- Gather information from Hightower Receiving and Production teams to assist Import Purchasing Manager in identifying and filing quality claims.
Experience: 3+ years experience in Purchasing, International Supply Chain Management, and/or Inventory Management.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma
A growing company with fresh perspectives
Hightower is an award-winning, US-based provider of furnishings for modern contract spaces. Since 2003, we’ve designed, manufactured, and curated fresh, unique pieces aimed at improving workspaces, relevant to how humans work today. Family-founded and operated, our leadership includes an award-winning CEO committed to offering seamless access to beautifully functional pieces for hospitality, education, and office environments, setting up architects and designers to stand out.
Hightower is growing and we are excited about welcoming new team members! What are we looking for? Professionals with a commitment to fostering creativity and acting intentionally. More values we love: a sense of curiosity, anticipating needs—those of our clients and of each other—and staying humble. What do we offer? A vibrant, growing company with a creative, positive culture. We are constantly driving progress, working to better our best, and always focused on surpassing the expectations of our clients.
Submit resumes to [email protected]