The HR Generalist will report to the Head of People. Hightower is a 100 person company across 3 time zones.
The best HR Generalists have the ability to work with all different types of people coordinating all aspects of the employee journey through their employment lifecycle. This includes recruiting, on-boarding, benefits administration, HRIS, employee relations, event planning and exiting.
Their greatest skill is being able to balance the diverse needs of employees with the needs of the company while maintaining a high performance, healthy work culture. Having a high level of emotional intelligence, and the ability to engage in critical conversations are part of this.
A strong predictor for success for a Human Resource Generalist is the ability to gain the trust of not only the managers but all other employees. Your are competent in your knowledge and delivery, becoming a trusted advisor.
- Continue to develop employee branding in coordination with the marketing and communications group: Hightower continues to look at how we are presenting a consistent messaging not only to our internal workforce but also to the outside through our website, social media and job postings ect.
- Continue to find ways to reinforce culture initiatives: Whether it's an employee event or communication or developing a culture book. How can Hightower continue to reinforce a healthy culture of trust, purpose and communication and being a good steward of the community.
- Continue building and documenting HR processes and procedures: We are a growing organization with multiple locations across the country. Organize documentation for easy access to managers and employees. Create new documentation or forms where needed. Ensure all compliance documentation is up to date and organized.
- Coordinate hourly recruiting: Developing job descriptions, advertising and sorting through applications. Conduct initial phone screens and coordinate with hiring manager to interview and hire. Looking for ways to improve the process.
- Assist HR Manager in improving the employee experience by improving on-boarding. Help document processes solicit feedback and make suggestions to improve.
- Reinforce values and healthy behaviors by being an example.
- Assist employees enrolling or maintaining payroll and benefits, answering questions. Become a subject matter expert or direct employees where to find answers. Administration of attendance and other data in the HRIS system to maintain accuracy. Alert managers to any issues.
- Advise HR Manager if you become aware of any employee relations issues.
- HR legal issues including FMLA, ADA, harassment, discrimination, PHR certification is desirable.
- HRIS systems
- Recruiting hourly production employees
- Human Design Thinking or Problem solving techniques,
- Conflict Communication training,
- Manufacturing experience helpful but not necessary.
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
A growing company with fresh perspectives
Hightower is an award-winning, US-based provider of furnishings for modern contract spaces. Since 2003, we’ve designed, manufactured and curated fresh, unique pieces aimed at improving workspaces, relevant to how humans work today. Family-founded and operated, our young, female leadership includes an award-winning CEO committed to offering seamless access to beautifully functional pieces for hospitality, education and office environments, setting up architects and designers to stand out.
Hightower is growing and we are excited about welcoming new team members! What are we looking for? Professionals with a commitment to fostering creativity and acting intentionally. More values we love: a sense of curiosity, anticipating needs—those of our clients and of each other—and staying humble. What do we offer? A vibrant, growing company with a creative, positive culture. We are constantly driving progress, working to better our best, and always focused on surpassing the expectations of our clients.
Submit resumes to [email protected]