The Business Developer will work directly with the Vice President of Sales & Marketing to cultivate a growth strategy in North America to support our Education and Hospitality initiatives. The Business Developer must have the ability to multitask, while maintaining complex schedules and managing support. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Ensuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
- Identify and connect with key Education and Hospitality influencers to provide solutions and Hightower presence within key accounts.
- Identify opportunities within rep group markets to grow the Education and Hospitality business.
- Engage clients and industry influencers in the industry for all strategic marketing milestones.
- Understand unique messaging of the vertical markets and well versed in trends.
- Become a market expert internally and externally in Education and Hospitality.
- Assist in training of new Sales partners.
- Assist Project Management & Operations teams with additional knowledge to support key accounts.
- Attend trade shows and design events, forming relationships with: A&D, sourcing groups and end-users.
- Fluent with our E&I contract and driving sales through this contract with our dealers.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Design, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field
- Ability to work in multiple platforms: G Suite, NetSuite, PPT, Slack
- Detail oriented and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Qualities we love!
- Can do, innovative attitude
- Solution oriented with demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Positive attitude and strong sense of humor to help foster a fun and creative work environment
- Creative and passionate about design, inside and outside the industry
- Possesses the confidence and ability to deal with a variety of both creative and executive personalities and temperaments
- Maintains a good balance of confidence and humility
- Desire to always keep learning